Does every day have you feeling like “Here we go again?” We don’t know about you, but this COVID has got us thinking some days that we’re gonna completely lose it. To maintain our sanity at Bundle, we put together our top to-do’s to help us keep it together during the pandemic.
1. Virtual Girls Spa – get some wine, yes these days the bottle is acceptable. Lock yourself in the bathroom and tell your family you aren’t “feeling well.” Light a candle. Set your virtual meeting space background to a spa. Put on relaxing music and chat with your best gal pals. Try out these great DIY face masks. Just because you can’t leave the house doesn’t mean you can’t pamper yourself.
2. Clean your Closet – and not for the reason you might think, but to create your own personal movie theater space for one. So next time when you need some much needed me time you can sneak into the closet to watch Netflix in a posh space. Vacation, corona style.
3. Read a Book – we all say we want to read more books. But we never have time. Well now you do. Check out those books you kept promising yourself or hit us up. We’ll share our faves too. Time to grab a book and escape into a non-pandemic world.
4. Karaoke Dance Party – remember those spa night friends? Call them again, play some music and sing and dance the night away. Here is a great COVID-19 playlist with songs like “Toxic” and “Don’t stand so close to me.”
5. Meditate – download apps like Headspace or Calm, which will provide you with a relaxing escape. Studies show that meditation reduces stress, lowering your blood pressure even if it’s only for 3 to 5 minutes.
6. AHHHHH! – just let it out. Go to a room, shut the door and scream. At the top of your lungs. Now, don’t you feel better? You’re welcome. *Bonus: Because of social distancing your neighbors can’t come to your door with a noise complaint.
7. Journal – if you want to vent and don’t want to annoy your partner for the 30th time today, take out a journal and let it all out. Your kids might talk back to you, but your journal won’t. Corona won’t last forever but your memories will.
8. Take-out – you do not have to do it all. Let someone else cook for you. Not only will you be giving yourself a break, you will also be helping the economy. Double bonus!
9. Get out – social distancing exercise edition. Pull out those old tennis shoes that you’ve never worn before – but geez you do look cute in them – and take a jog or walk. Get out of the house and out of your head.
10. Bake a stress-free homemade dessert – grab an apron and whip up one of these simple easy recipes that will impress the whole family. (Maybe, they will even leave you alone for a while afterwards.) Banana bread and cookies are some great options for some family kitchen fun.